Composing Music for Film and Television
The Process of Creating an Original Music Score
By Niall Byrne
You are a musician, a songwriter, an orchestral arranger with dozens of themes that could make a great music score. But where to start? What is the process of creating an original music score for the screen? How do you communicate with directors and producers who don’t necessarily express musical ideas in a clear way? How much can you be paid? What is the overall budget allocated to a composer to create a music score?
In this book written by Niall Byrne, one of Ireland’s most successful music composers, we will answer these important questions, taking you through the various steps you need to understand when creating a music score for a film project, whether it’s a short film, a feature film or a TV series.
Buy the Book
Notify me when this product is available for purchase:
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Develop ways to create a great relationship with a film director
- Analyse how a score enhances the overall film production
- Understand creating music for production while staying on-budget
- Know the process a composer takes to produce a great score
GUIDE AT A GLANCE
- Why have a music score?
- What is the first step in creating a score?
- How do composers produce a score?
- How long does it take to produce a score?
- When should a composer come onboard a project?
- What is the best way for a composer to work with a film director?
- “Temp” music
- Delivering a score
- How much can a composer charge?
- How much does a ‘live’ score cost to produce?
- How to meet film directors and producers?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You can read this item using any of the following devices:
Author: Niall Byrne
Release Date: April 20, 2020
Download Format: PDF (Watermark)